- Grated/scraped coconut – 1 cup,
- Small/pearl onion – 4, sliced
- Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Whole Dry Red Chilli- 3-4
- Water – 3-4 tbsp
- Small/pearl onion – 4, sliced finely
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves
- Oil –
- Grind together coconut, small onion, ginger, chilli powder, salt with 3-4 tbsp water, to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Crackle the mustard seeds. Add finely sliced small onion and curry leaves. When onion turns golden brown, add coconut paste. Mix well. Add ¾ – 1 cup of water. Mix well. Stir continuously until the steam comes through the spatula. Don't let it boil. It will take around 5-6 minutes.