For this recipe approximate 750 gm Paalak ( spinach) required.
150 gm paneer crumbled
250 gm paalak (spinach)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp cornflour
2 slice bread ( dipped in water and squeezed well)
For Gravy :
1/2 kg paalak (chopped)
6-8 flakes garlic
2 Tomatoes (purred)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt as per taste
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp Ghee
- To prepare koftas, discard stems of paalak. Wash in plenty of water, finely chopped and pressure cook with 1/4 cup of water. Remove after the first whistle. Keep in a strainer for 10 minutes. Squeeze well. Mix paalak, paneer, bread, cornflour, red chilli powder and salt. Make balls. Roll in maida and deep fry.
- To prepare the gravy, pressure cook 1/2 kg palak with 1/4 cup water to give one whistle. Keep on low flame for 4-5 minutes. Blend to a paste.
- Blend the onions to a separate paste in a grinder.
- Grind ginger and garlic to a paste. Blend tomatoes to a puree.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add onion paste and stir fry till it turns rich brown in colour. Add tomato puree. Cook till dry.
- Add chilli powder, garam masala and ginger-garlic paste. Cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes till it stops sticking to the bottom of the wok. Fry more till it looks really well fried.
- Add milk,stirring contantly. Cook till dry. Cook further till oil separates.
- Add paalak.Add salt and pepper stir fry for 10 minutes till paalak look well fried and turns thick.
- Add koftas at the time of serving and heat for 12 minutes.
- Heat Ghee in a small pan. Remove from fire and add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder. Pour over the hot paalak.