8 Tomatoes ( Puree)
4 cups Besan
1 tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
A pinch Asafoetida
4-5 Whole dry red chilly
5-6 curry leaves
2 tbsp Coriander leaves ( chopped)
- Take Besan in a bowl. Add salt red chilly powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add tomato puree and whisk well. Add 2 cups of water and mix.
- Heat a non stick pan. Add oil mustard seeds and cumin seeds and roast till seeds splutter.
- Add a pinch of Asafoetida, broken red chilly, curry leaves and roast for few seconds.
- Add the tomato mixture and mix well.
- Once the mixture comes to boil reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes till the mixture is thickened and well cooked.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.