Mutton 1 kg
Red chilli Paste- 2 tbsp
Garlic chopped -2 whole pods
Onion sliced -3
Black cardamom (Moti Illaichi) -5
Green cardamom (Chhoti Illaichi) -5
Coriander leaves chopped- 1/4 cup
Jeera 1 tsp( roasted on tawa)
Dhania Powder 4 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
- Beat curd in a bowl, add roasted jeera, dhania powder, turmeric and salt. Add the red chilli paste and mix well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add chopped garlic and saute over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add Onion and the black and green cardamoms, saute until onions are brown. Then add the meat/mutton, fry for 4-5 minutes till all the water has been absorbed and the oil separates.
- Add mix marinated curd saute till oil separates.
- Add 4 cup of water and cook to give at least 2 whistle and then keep on low flame for 15 minutes or until mutton is tender.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander serve hot with Rice/ Paratha.