Cooked Basmati Rice 2 cup
Cauliflower florets 1 cup
Carrot cut into cubes 1/2 cup
French beans cut into small pieces 1/2 cup
Capsicum 1 cut into small pieces
Green peas 1/2 cup( fresh or frozen)
Kashmiri chilli powder 3 tsp
Garlic pod 1
Onion finely chopped 1
Tomato finely chopped 1
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Biryani Shahi masala 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
- Boil chopped carrot, beans, cauliflower, and green peas in salted water until tender, approx. 5-7 minutes. Drain the water and transfer them to a plate.
- Make a smooth paste of Kashmiri chilli powder, salt and garlic and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan or wok over medium flame. Add kashmiri chilli paste saute for few minutes till aroma comes. Add finely chopped onion and saute until onion turns light brown. Add Tomato saute till it tender.
- Add boiled vegetables mix and cook for a minute.
- Add Biryani shahi masala powder and salt. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add cooked (steamed) rice. Mix gently until all ingredients are well mixed and rice is evenly coated with masala.
- Turn off flame and transfer tawa pulao to serving dish. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with curd or Papad.