Moong dal 1/2 cup
Coconut freshly grated 1 cup
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Garlic cloves 3-4 nos.
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Red chilly 2 nos.
- Take the moong dal & roast it dry without any oil till it is pink in colour. Keep aside to cool.
- Then cook the dal with salt and turmeric till it becomes soft & can be smashed.
- Meanwhile grind the coconut, garlic, cumin seeds together.
- Add the grinded mixture to it and cook for some time. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Take a pan add on some oil & then to it the mustard seeds.
- Once it starts spluttering add the 2 red chillies & curry leaves to it & pour it into the dal mixture.
- Serve it with hot rice & papad.