Dear friends, this recipe is specially made during the Durga Puj. This is a Bengali Mixed Veg Sabzi (Labra Torkari) … It goes extremely well with Bengali Bhoger Khichuri. Hope you will try it. :)
Brinjal- 2 pcs cubed
Carrot- 2 pcs cubed
Cauliflower - 7-8 florets
French beans- 5-6
Potatoes- 2 medium sizes cut into cubes
Peas- 1/2 cup
Pointed Gourd ( Parval) - 4-5 cut into cubes
Pumpkin- 1/2 cup cubed
Mustard Oil- 1/3 cup
Tej Patta ( Bay leaves)- 2
Dried Red Chilli - 2
Panch phoron - 1.5 tsp
Grated coconut- 1/4 cup
Jeera Powder- 1.5 tsp
Ginger paste- 1 tbsp
Kashmiri Red chili powder - 2 tsp
Green chili- 2 slit
Sugar - 2 tsp
Ghee- 2 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Garam masala- 1.5 tsp
Water- 1 cup
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat a pan and put mustard oil and bring it to the extremely hot.
2. Add bay leaves, Dried Red chili, Panch phoron splutter all then mix cubed potatoes, pointed gourd, carrot, drum stick, cauliflower, salt, turmeric, and grated coconut cover it and cook on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes. ( In this stage we don't mix all veg together as some veg take minimum time to get cook)
3. Now add pumpkin and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add brinjal, Peas, ginger paste, jeera powder, red chili powder, and water mix well cover it again and cook for 10-15 minutes on a medium flame.
5. Now add slit green chili, salt, and sugar mix it and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes without a lid then switch off the gas.
6. Add garam masala and ghee. Mix together well. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot Bengali Khichuri.