6 cup Basmati Rice
1 Kg Mutton
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp jeera seeds
1 tsp khuskhus
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup ghee
1/2 cup dalda
To grind separately
1 full garlic,
4 green chillies
1 big piece ginger
1 medium bunch of coriander leaves
3 stalks of mint leaves
2 large onion
- In a cooker put dalda and ghee, add chopped onion and fry till medium brown.
- Then add green masala and fry well. Add the other masala, mutton and fry well adding a little water, and pressure cook it for 18-20 minutes.
- Uncover and add the lemon juice. The gravy must be thick and the oil should float on top. Keep the lid closed.
- wash and soak the rice for an hour. Boil water and add two cardamoms and salt then put the rice.
- cook it till it is 3/4 done.
- strain the rice and put it on a big plate/ thali.
- Add the mutton masala and gently mix it with the help of fork.
- Put it back in to the vessel and seal the lid with flour paste.
- Keep a tawa on medium heat and keep the vessel on it for an hour.