450 gm flour
150 ml milk
10 gm sugar
60 ml groundnut oil
100 gm butter
A pinch of baking soda
Ghee to shaloow fry
Salt to taste
- Mix the flour with the baking soda in a shallow bowl.
- Break the eggs in a bowl. Add milk sugar salt and oil and whisk.
- In the flour, pour the egg and milk mixture and start mixing. Knead to a soft dough. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and leave for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into six equal portion and make balls. Make a roti shapped and greese the rolling surface with oil.
- Place a disc and stretch evenly on all sides till it is very thin and approximately 12-15 inches in diameter.
- Put melted butter over the surface. Then dust with flour. hold from two ends and gather while ensuring that there are many folds.
- Take out one end and start rolling to make another disc.
- Flatten each disc with a rolling pin into a round paratha, dusting with lour while rolling.
- Place the paratha on a heated tawa and half bake turning it over once..
- Put melted ghee all round and shallow fry both sides over low flame until golden brown.