250 gm Flour
2 cups ghee
3 pinches baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Oil/ghee for deep frying
2 cups grated coconut
1 cup sugar syrup
1/2 tsp cloves powder
- Heat the sugar syrup and mix in the coconut.
- Cook over medium flame for 2 minutes and then reduce the flame. Mix in the cloves powder and continue to cook till the mixture is dry. remove and keep aside.
- Heat the water and add the sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves.
- Continue to heat for 2 minutes more to form a syrup. Sift together the flour and the baking powder.
- Slowly add the ghee and knead to a pliable dough with a little water.
- Divide the dough into 12 portion. Roll out each portion into a small chapati.
- Place one chapati on a wooden board and place a portion of the prepared filling in the center and fold from all four sides like a parcel. Keep the parcel intact by holding it with a clove.
- Heat enough oil or ghee for deep fry this at a low temperature till light brown.
- While still hot, immerse into the sugar syrup and allow these to remain in the syrup for 20 minutes.
- Remove from syrup and serve.