One of the most famous dish from kerala. Tapioca when it cooked with coconut mixture is really delish and mouth watering. I always love it with red hot chilly fish curry and curd.
Tapioca 1/2 kg
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Half grated coconut
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
2-3 cloves garlic
small kerala onion 2-3( Kochulli)
turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Dry Red chilli 2-3 cut into small pieces
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Peel the skin of Tapioca till find the white inside flesh. Cut this into small pieces .
- Take a wide bottom vessels boil enough water add tapioca, salt and little turmeric cook till it become transparent and soft.
- Drain the water and keep aside cooked tapioca.
- Grind the all ingredients under Grinding to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan/ wok add mustard seeds when it start splutter add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the tapioca in it and mash well and add ground mixture. Cook for five minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with Fish curry.