Whole Moong daal- 2 cups
2 Onion grated
1 tsp Jeera
1 tbsp Whole dhania
1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
6-8 garlic cloves finely chopped
2-3 green chillies
1 cup fresh grated coconut
1 tsp khuskhus (Poppy)
3-4 tbsp curd
Salt as per taste
1 tsp gram masala
- Soak the Whole Moong in water at least 2-3 hours. Boil it with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat a wok add jeera, whole dhania, chopped ginger and garlic fry well.
- Add khuskhus , grated onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green chilli paste, fresh grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves saute for few minutes.
- Remove from heat add curd and sufficient water and grind in mixer for smooth paste.
- Heat a wok add 1 tsp oil add above paste in it fry for 4-5 minutes or oil comes up.
- Add boil moong, salt, gram masala mix well so that moong covered with masala.saute 4-5 minutes.
- Mix 2-3 cup water in to it to make consistency.Boil for 2-3 minutes.