1 small onion
2 green chillies
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tsp chana masala
salt as per taste
2 1/2 tsp gram flour( Besan)
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp grated coconut
2 tbsp whole coriander
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 big tomato chopped
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp Malai
- Boil potaoes and peel and mash them. Add finely chopped onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger, chana masala, garam masala powder , salt and besan and mix well.
- Make round kofta and roll in the remaining besan.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry them till light brown. Keep aside.
- To prepare gravy roast cumin seeds and whole coriander on tawa and grind them..
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add red chilli powder, ground masala, grated coconut, chopped tomato and garam masala keep stir and cook adding 2 cups of water.
- When gravy becomes thick, add milk and boil for a minute. Add Malai saute for few minutes.
- Add koftas, take off the fire to allow to soak for half an hour.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.