Chicken 1 kg
Coriander seeds 2 tsp
Cumin seeds 2 tsp
Black Pepper whole- 6
Dry Red chilli - 6
Ginger - 2"
Garlic - 15 cloves
Ghee/Oil - 4 tbsp
Onion finely chopped -1
Tomatoes chopped - 4
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves chopped- 2 tbsp
- Dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper and grind to a coarse powder.
- Grind dry red chilli, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
- Now heat ghee/oil in a wok add onion and saute till lightly browned.
- Add half of the coarsely ground spice powder and red chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute for 4-6 minutes.
- Add Tomatoes and salt and continue to cook till the tomatoes become soft.
- Put the chicken pieces and stir. Add coriander leaves and the remaining spice powder and mix well.
- Pour half cup of water, cover and cook on medium heat till the chicken is done.
- Serve hot with paratha/ naan.