1. Pumpkin (small slices) 1 cup
2. Black-eyed beans ½ cup
3. Coconut ½ cup
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Garlic 2-3 nos
4. Oil 2 tablespoon
Dry red chilly 3
Mustard seed 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 1 stem
- Grind coarsely Coconut, cumin seeds, garlic, shallots and turmeric powder.
- Half cook the Black-eyed beans with salt and water in a pressure cooker.
- Add pumpkin slices and coconut paste and cook nicely.
- Smash the pumpkin pieces. Mix with care so that the pumpkin pieces are not totally mashed.
- Splutter the mustard seeds in oil, add dry red chilly and curry leaves and pour this to the above.
- Serve with Rice.