- 1 cup maida or all purpose flour
- Water as needed
- Salt a pinch
- 1/2 tablespoon hot vegetable oil
- 1 cup Dry coconut / khopra
- 1/2 teaspoon elaychi or cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon khuskhus (poppy seeds)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dry fruits
- 1/2 cup khoya
- Mix maida with a bit of water to make dough. Add salt and hot vegetable oil and kneed into dough with the maida. Set aside the kneaded dough.
- Heat a wok dry roast the Rawa till it turns light brown. keep aside.
- In same way dry roast the Khopra also and keep aside.
- Roast the Khoya also and then mix together the rawa, khopra, khoya, Khuskhus, powdered sugar, dry fruits and cardamom powder and make stuffing.
- Make small dough balls out of the dough. Roll out each ball into medium sized puris.
- Now add the stuffing on one half of the round puri. Cover the stuffing with the other unfilled half of the puri and make a shell shaped semi circular karanji. Dap and close the semi-circular end. Repeat to make more karanjis.
- Heat a kadhai with oil. Deep fry the karanjis until golden brown.