50 gm Tuvar dal
20 gm Tamrind
1 big Tomato chopped
2-3 Green chilli slit
2 ½ tsp Rasam powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp ghee
1 dry red chilli
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp black gram dal
- Pressure cook tuvar dal with 1 cup of water and a pinch of turmeric powder for 10 minutes. When cold mash well.
- Soak tamarind in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Squeeze and strain out the liquid.
- Boil tamarind water with turmeric powder, slit green chilli, chopped tomato and salt till the raw smell of tamarind disappears and the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add the mashed dal , 2 ½ cups of water and then rasam powder and boil for 5 minutes till slightly thick.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves. Remove from heat.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds, red chilli and black gram dal. When mustard seeds splutter add hing and pour the tempering over the Rasam.