1 cup yellow moong dal
A few Kesar (saffron ) Strends
1 cup warm milk
6 tbsp Ghee
1 ¼ cup sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Almond and Pistachio
A few keasr(saffron ) strends
- Clean wash and soak the dal in water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste using very little water. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the saffron in 1 tbsp of warm milk and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non stick pan add the dal paste and cook on a medium flame till it becomes golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the remain warm milk and 1 cup of warm water and cook, while stirring coninuously till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the sugar and cook on a slow flame till the ghee separates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the Kesar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almond and pista.