1/2 kilo chicken
2 cups rice
1 Potato (chopped)
1 Tomato (chopped)
2 Onions (chopped)
7-8 green chilies (chopped)
1 tbsp ginger paste
1tbsp garlic paste
3 Cinnamon sticks
3 Cloves (lavang)
1 tbsp Zeera
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil1 tsp Chicken masala
- In a pan heat 2 round spoons of oil, and add cardamom, cinnamon, zeera, cloves (lavang) and chopped onions. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Then add the chopped Potatoes and increase the fire a little. Cover the lid.
- Now add Tomato, green chili, ginger, garlic and salt. Let it cook on slow heat.
- When potatoes are half cooked, add the chicken and 2 cups rice with 3 cups water. Cover and let it cook on medium heat until done. Keep checking at intervals.
- Serve hot with "Kachumbar" (salad: tomato, green chili, onions and lemon)