Maida (All purpose flour): 6 cups
Baking soda: ½ teaspoon
Cardamom powder: ½ teaspoon
Un-salted Butter or Ghee: 1 Cup
Dahi yogurt: ¾ Cup
Sugar: 8 Cups
2. Water : 3 Cups
Crushed Pistachio nuts: ½ Cup
- Bring water to a boil. Add sugar. Cook syrup till you have a two thread consistency.
- Mix dry ingredients Maida, Baking Soda and Cardamom.
- Cut in butter resembling bread crumbs.
- Add Dahi (yogurt) 1 Tablespoon at a time and knead to form very stiff dough.
- Divide dough into 1 to 1½ balls.
- Preheat vegetable oil in the deep kadahi.
- Press the dough ball into a Patty. Depress the center slightly. Don't put a hole as in doughnuts, just deep depressions.
- Fry it till golden brown. Use tongs to dunk the doughnuts in the syrup and remove them.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios over the doughnuts.( Its optional)