1/2 cup kala chana (black gram)
1 tbsp chane ki dal (split gram)
1/4 tsp jeera ( cumin seeds)
1" stick Cinnamon ( dalchini)
1 moti Illaichi (seeds of brown cardamom)
3-4 Cloves (Laung)
2 flakes garlic
1 dry whole red chilli
4-5 kali mich ( black pepper)
1 onion finely chopped
2 slice bread crumbs
1/4 tsp amchoor ( dry mango powder)
Salt to taste
- Soak kala chana and chane ki dal together in about 2 1/2 cups of water, for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Pressure cook channas with jeera, dalchini, moti illaichi, laung, kali mirch, garlic, ginger and red chilli to give one whistle. Keep on low heat for 20 minutes.
- If there is any water left, dry the channas on fire, leaving just a little water enough to grind.
- Grind to a fine paste. Add bread crumbs or dipped bread in water and squeezed, salt and amchoor powder to taste.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for sometime.
- Make small flattened rounds.
- Deep fry 4-5 pieces in medium hot oil. Drain on absorbant paper.
- Sprinkle onion rings over the kababs.
- Serve with chutney.
Note :- If the kababs break on frying, add another slice of crumpled bread to the mixture. The kababs may also be rolled in maida and then fried.