I learned this recipe from my father..... Main specialty of this recipe is its garam masala.
500 gm Chicken
3 Big Onion thin Sliced
3 Tomatoes finely chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp Turmeric powder
3 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp coriander leaves chopped
Salt as per taste
For Garam masala
1 tbsp Saunf (Fennel seeds)
1 1/2" Dalchini ( Cinnamon)
5-6 Illaichi ( Green cardamom)
6-8 Laung ( Cloves)
- Dry roast all ingredients under garam masala and keep aside to cool. Then grind it in mixer to a fine powder.
- Wash and drain the excess water from chicken. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add sliced onion and saute till turn light brown. Now mix garlic and ginger paste again saute till turn dark brown.
- Mix chopped tomatoes and saute for few minutes. Add turmeric, kashmiri red chilli powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder ,salt and 1 tbsp water fry till oil separate.
- Add washed and drained chicken pieces in it mix well so that all masala coated very well.
- Cook for 5 minutes add 2 1/2 tsp grinded garam masala and closed the lid cook till chicken completely done.
- If chicken getting stuck in wok add 1 or 2 cup water and let it be simmer till chicken done.
- Serve garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.