1 cup basmati rice ( soaked for 1 hour)
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
3 medium tomatoes finely chopped
2 tbsp kasoori methi
Salt as per taste
2 cups water ( double the volume of rice)
1 tsp lemon juice
- Soak rice for one hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Reduce flame add jeera, fry for about 1/2 minute till jeera turns golden.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir fry for about 5-7 minutes, mashing the tomatoes well. Continue to stir fry till oil separate.
- Add kasoori methi and salt. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the drained rice and mix gently.
- Add 2 cups water and lemon juice. Stir once more and cover the pan. boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low flame for about 12-15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Allow to stand for about 3-4 minutes. Let the steam escape. Serve hot.