Biryani Rice – 1 cup
Onion – 2nos (sliced)
Carrot – 2nos (small medium cubes)
Beans – 4nos (small rounds)
Frozen peas – ¼ cup
Tomato 1 medium size smashed
Tomato sauce (ketchup) – 1tsp
Lime – ½ piece required
Ginger – 1inch
Garlic – 8pods
Green Chili – 1no
Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
Biryani Masala Powder – 3tsp
Chili Powder – 1tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½tsp
Salt – as per taste
Water – 1 ½cup
Coriander leaves – ½cup
Cashew nuts – 4nos
Raisins – 4nos
Oil – 3tsp
- Take Biryani rice in a vessel & nicely clean it with water for 3 to 4 times. Remove complete water from the rice & close the lid & keep it aside for 1/2hr
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic & green chili & keep a side.
- Heat a medium sized pressure cooker & pour oil.
- Add garam masala & saute for few seconds. Then add sliced onion & saute on medium flame adding little salt.
- When onion turns transparent & pink in color, add ginger-garlic-green chili paste & saute well for 2mins.
- Then add chopped vegetables, green peas, saute well for 2mins
- Then add chili powder, turmeric powder & biryani masala powder & saute well for 2mins.
- Add smashed tomato & tomato sauce & saute well till oil starts separating.
- Add biryani rice to it & mix well. Add salt as per taste.
- Then add water to the whole mixture & stir nicely.
- When the water starts boiling add lime juice & cover lid & cook on low flame.
- When the water is completely vaporized, transfer the cooker on top of tawa on high flame.
- When tawa becomes hot, lower the flame & keep stirring in between so that biryani doesn’t stick to bottom of cooker.
- When the biryani is properly cooked, switch off the flame & garnish with coriander leaves ,dry fruits & fried onions.
- Vegetable Biryani is ready to serve. Best combination is raita/ salad.