1 1/2 cup Maida
2 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp Dry Yeast
Pinch of Yellow Color (optional)
Oil/Ghee for frying
1 1/2 cup water
- Take yeast in a bowl and add half cup warm water in it.Also add a little amount of sugar in it. Keep aside for some time to take yeast activation.
- Take maida in a container and mix a little amount of water in it. There should not be any lumps in the mixture. Add more water in it.
- Mix maida in water in such a way that there should be no lumps in it. Mix yeast in it.
- The mixture should be like the mixture which is prepared for the pakoras.The mixture for preparing jalebi is now ready.
- Keep it at a warm place for 6-7 hours to ferment it. If we keep it in sun, then it will ferment in 4 hours.
- Now make a chashni for jalebi. Take sugar in a container add one and half cup water and let it be simmer.Cook the Chashani till sugar dissolves. If you wants you can add Yellow color or Kesar in it for color.
- Heat a pan add ghee in it. Fill the mixture in a jalebi maker and pour it in hot ghee in spiral shape.
- Turn the sides of jalebies when one side of it turns brown. Fry till both sides get brown.
- Dip the jalebies in the chashani for two minutes and then take them out.
- Hot and crispy jalebies are now ready.