250 gms Lamb Mince
1 large onion finely chopped
1 tablesppon ginger and garlic grated
2 green chillies finely chopped
2 large tomatoes finely chopped
1 cinnamon stick
1 whole black Cardamom
2 green cardamoms
1 bay leaf
2 star anise
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Cumin powder
2 tsp corriander powder
1 tsp chat masala ( optional )
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
Handful of chopped coriander
4 to 6 pieces of Pav
- Take a heavy bottom sauce pan or a pressure cooker.
- Heat the oil and saute the whole spices – cinnamon, cardamoms, star anise, bay leaf till fragrant. Add the onions, ginger, garlic and chillies and fry till onions begin to brown.
- Add the mince and fry well together. Fry continuously for about 5 minutes s till you feel the mince is almost done.
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining spices except the lime n coriander. Further fry for about 5- 10 minutes till the tomatoes begin to break down and the oil begins to separate.
- Now turn turn off the heat, add the coriander and squeeze the lime juice.
- To serve, slice up the pav and warm slightly on a tawa/frying pan. Then put in the prepared mince and top with finely slices onions. Serve immediately.