§ 3 slices of white bread
§ 3 tbsp sooji coarse (semolina)
§ 3 tbsp all-purpose flour, (maida, plain flour)
§ 1/2 cup butter milk
§ Salt as per taste
§ 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
§ 1/4 cup bell pepper finely chopped
§ 1/4 cup tomatoes finely chopped, remove the seeds
§ I green chili finely chopped
§ 2 tsp ginger finely shredded
§ 2 tbsp green coriander finely chopped
§ 1-1/2 tbsp oil
1. Remove the crest from bread and cut them in small pieces.
2. In a mixer add bread, sooji, all-purpose flour, salt, yogurt and water, blend to a thick and smooth paste.
3. Take out the batter in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, cumin seeds, bell pepper, tomatoes, ginger, green chili, and cilantro, mix it well. Batter should be thick in consistency add more water if needed, batter should not be too thick but should not be runny.
4. Heat the skillet over medium heat and lightly grease the skillet.
5. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter and spread consistency should be of thick pancake.
6. Pour little oil around uttapam. Let it cook for about 2 minutes and turn them over, bread uttapam should be golden brown from both sides and this should take about four minutes.
7. Serve bread uttapam with your choice of chutney, I like to serve with coconut chutney or green chutney.