- Khoya is dried fresh whole milk. To prepare Khoya, boil 600 ml ( 3 1/2 cups) of full cream milk in a heavy pan over quick fire and stir gently with a perforated spoon in the initial stage of drying.
- When the milk thickness, stir continuously and comparatively vigorously so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the fire when it dries up and is converted into a single lump.
- Continuously stirring till it stop sizzling.
- It takes about 20 to 25 minutes to dry up 600 ml milk and it produces about 100 gms of Khoya.