750 gm Arbi ( preferably of equal size)
4 Tbsp gram flour
3/4 Tsp Ajwain ( carom seeds)
1/2 Tsp Amchur ( dry mango) powder
1/2 Tsp Red chilly powder
1/4 Tsp Chaat Masala
1 Tsp Dried Kasoori Methi
Salt To taste
Oil For frying
2-3 Tbsp Oil
2 Tsp Ginger grated
2 Green chillies chopped
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup Tomato puree
1 Tbsp Tomato sauce
1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
salt As per taste
1/2 Tsp Dhania powder
1/2 Tsp Garam masala
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Boil arbi in a cooker, for just one whistle so that it is firm not soft, peel the arbi and let it cool
- Flatten each piece and sprinkle gram flour, ajwain, amchur, red chilly powder, chhat masala, kasoori methi and salt over it. Rub well so that Arbi is well coated.
- Deep fry the arbi pieces in pre heated oil till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a kadahi, stir fry the ginger and green chillies, then add the onion. Fry till light brown and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook till oil leaves the kadahi, add tomato puree, tomato sauce and rest of the seasonings.
- Mix wll, and then add lemon juice and cook for a minute, then add the fried Arbi pieces.
- Toss them nicely and remove from heat. Transfer in to serving bowl.
- Serve with Roti or Parathas.