2 Pom frets
1 onion, chopped finely
6 garlic flakes
4 green chillies
1 bunch coriander leaves
1/2 cup groundnuts
1/2 cup finely grated coconut
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chilli powder( kashmiri)
5 black peppers
2 bay leaves
3 tbsp oil
Salt as per taste
1 tbsp gram dal
- Clean and wash the fish. Cut into medium size pieces.
- Apply salt and turmeric powder to the fish pieces.
- Make paste of garlic, chillies, coriander leaves. Apply this paste to the fish pieces.
Keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Roast the groundnuts and remove the covering.
- Make fine paste of groundnuts, gram dal, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and coconut.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, pepper, cloves and bay leaves.
- Add onion and fry till golden brown. Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coconut paste and simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water. Bring it to boil and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fish pieces. Add salt as per taste. Cook till fish is done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot