Jackfruit (Kathal) 750 gm
Onion Medium 2
Garlic cloves 6
Chilli powder 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes medium 4
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves 1 bunch
Ghee/oil 6 tbsp
Salt as per taste
- To keep the milk of the jackfruit from sticking to your hands, rub oil on your hands.
- Remove the outer skin of jackfruit with a sharp knife and cut into medium sized pieces.
- Heat oil and fry these till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Chop onions and garlic finely.
- Fry onion in the same oil till brown, add cumin seeds, chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt and water approximate 1/2 cup.
- Simmer for 15 minutes on a low flame.
- When the gravy is smooth, add the jackfruit. Simmer for another 10 minutes and serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.