1/2 tin condensed milk (200gms)
2 3/4 cups plain flour (240gms)
40 gm cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda (soda bicarb)
2 tsp icing sugar
1/2 cup butter melted (60gms)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
100 ml milk
100 ml Coke or Thums Up
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cocoa all together 2 to 3 times. Keep aside.
- Pour condensed milk in a bowl. Add the butter, and beat well till smooth.
- Add the flour spoon by spoon, mixing into the condensed milk mixture. In between, add milk as required if the butter begins to get too stiff. [Stir the mixture in one direction only all the while.
- This will incorporate more air and make the cake lighter].
- Once all the flour is used up, beat the batter as above till light (5-7 minutes).
- Add the coke or Thums Up and mix gently till smooth.
- Pour into a greased cake tin. Do not smooth with a spoon etc. If the consistency is right this will not be needed.
- Pre-heat oven to 300o c. Place tin inside. Bake 150o c till done. (35 to 40 minutes).
- Poke with a skewer and check. Cool a little. Invert on wire rack. Cool completely before doing icing if any. Or
- serve warm with tea.